Take a closer look at the Gel-Kayano 28
Since 1993, the Kayano series has set the benchmark for long-distance running performance. Next-generation tech offers reinforced stability and protection for long-distance runners, to help them go the distance.
- Enjoy excellent comfort and advanced support with the GEL-KAYANO® 28 running shoe. The redesigned mesh upper helps keep feet cool, while the sole is more flexible to help promote a more natural roll through the gait cycle. This process starts in the heel with added flex grooves that isolate the initial impact to force a softer and smoother feeling at footstrike.
- At midstance, the foot should stop pronating and re-supinate for an efficient toe-off.
- This shoe also incorporates DYNAMIC DUOMAX® technology to help support the foot and increase stability for runners whose feet roll inward too much (overpronate).
- The midsole integrates SPACE TRUSSTIC™ technology, which provides stability and reduces the overall weight to help promote a smoother transition from footstrike to toe-off.
- This added stability is complemented by deeper forefoot flex grooves that create a smoother roll through toe-off, allowing the shoe to move more naturally with the foot.
- Lastly, a large section of reflective materials in the rearfoot helps keep runners visible when running in low-light conditions.
- The GEL-KAYANO® 27 model is an excellent choice for both competitive and non-competitive runners looking for an everyday trainer that combines comfort with support.
Innovation and technology
Developed at our own Institute of Sport Science, ASICS technologies are engineered to keep you moving at your best.